Become a Member
Our members help sustain the Jacksonville Historical Society and now, more than ever, we rely on financial help from our friends and supporters.
Your support will help save our city’s past to share with present and future generations. Membership at the Jacksonville Historical Society is open to everyone with an interest in our city’s history. The Society welcomes members from near and far to join its community of people who care about Jacksonville, and offers several membership categories to invite your engagement.
Please take a look at the member levels below before you join or renew. We’ve even created a category for young professionals in our Bicentennial year: Bicentennial — $20.22 for age 30 or under, for one year; join through December 31, 2022. We look forward to welcoming you!
One of the greatest benefits of a Jacksonville Historical Society membership is that your investment enables the preservation of our community’s unique history so that we can learn from it and share it with the many generations to come. Other benefits you will enjoy at all levels of membership, including the Jaxson level ($50, formerly Individual level) include:
- Advance notice of, and free admission to, exhibits and educational opportunities, including our acclaimed monthly Speaker Series
- Access to our research library and archival repository, with tens of thousands of documents, photographs, rare books and architectural relics relating to Jacksonville-area history
- Free admission to our Merrill House Museum
- A free subscription to our monthly digital newsletter, Jacksonville History Matters
- A 10% discount on all books and merchandise in the JHS Bookstore
- Special invitations to Historical Society events and fundraisers
- JHS members are also invited to join us for volunteer events and activities where you will meet other great Jacksonville citizens and help preserve and share Jacksonville’s many stories.
Please check out the additional benefits you will enjoy at higher levels of membership:
Century – $100 (formerly Family level)
- Membership for two adults and two children (under 18)
- Reciprocal membership to nearly 350 historical institutions through the North American Reciprocal Museums (NARM)
- Your Choice: A copy of “A Quiet Revolution” 50th Anniversary Edition by Richard Martin or one Limited-Edition Bicentennial Commemorative Coin.
Pillar – $250
- Membership benefits from the Century level, plus:
- Two complimentary tickets to Gingerbread Extravaganza
- 10% discount for two for the Great Fire Run 5K Race
Landmark – $500
- Membership benefits from Century and Pillar levels, plus:
- Two tickets for one Historical Society event during your membership year
- A book of your choosing from the JHS Bookstore
Legacy – $1,000
- Membership benefits from Century, Pillar and Landmark levels, plus:
- Two additional complimentary tickets to Gingerbread Extravaganza
- Two additional tickets for one Historical Society event during your membership year
Special Membership Levels
- Bicentennial – $20.22 for age 30 or under, for one year; join through December 31, 2022.
- Scholarship – $25 (formerly called Teachers/Students membership)