Become a Member
You can help us save our past history to share with current and future generations. Membership at the Jacksonville Historical Society is open to everyone with an interest in our city’s history. The Society welcomes Members from near and far to join its community of history lovers, and offers a handful of different membership categories aimed to encourage participation in its various activities. We look forward to welcoming you!
One of the greatest benefits of a Jacksonville Historical Society membership is that your investment enables the preservation of our community’s unique history so that we can learn from it and share it with the many generations to come. Other benefits you will enjoy include:
- Advance notice of, and free admission to, our many exhibits and educational opportunities, including our acclaimed monthly speaker series.
- Access to our Archival Repository, with tens of thousands of documents, photographs, rare books and architectural relics relating to Jacksonville-area history
- Free admission to our Merrill History House Museum, Archival Library, and Photo Archives
- A 10% discount on all books and products in the JHS Bookstore
- Special invitations to Historical Society Events and Fundraisers
- JHS Members are also invited to join us for volunteer events and activities where you will meet other history lovers and help JHS share Jacksonville’s many stories.