Photo Contest Application Form
ENTER CONTEST BY CONTEST DEADLINE OF AUGUST 1, 2017.
Amateur and professional photographers of all ages are invited to enter their best four (4) high resolution images celebrating our community (Duval County) life through a place, an event, the city’s people, the city’s history and architecture, the area’s social or cultural life, or a combination of these categories, including photos of everyday life.
In submitting the application and up to four (4) photos for the Jacksonville Historical Society Photo Contest, I hereby warrant and agree to the following:
• I am the author of the photo(s) submitted with this application.
• Any models or persons identifiable in the photo have given approval for publication and distribution (releases) of photo and the Jacksonville Historical Society shall have no obligation to compensate the models or persons.
• The photo is free and clear of any lien.
• Contestant licenses to the Jacksonville Historical Society perpetually all rights of reproduction or distribution of the photo in any manner, including the Jacksonville Historical Society’s use of the photo in publication, republication, and distribution of whatsoever kind relating to any Jacksonville Historical Society publication or event, including, without limitation, public display as well as reproduction on Jacksonville Historical Society items, such as print ads, postcards, posters, brochures, applications, television programs, Jacksonville Historical Society website, and any other of distribution or display, whether print, electronic, or televised. In addition, the Jacksonville Historical Society may alter images of the photo as necessary to fit into reduced or enlarged format sizes. The photo may be reproduced, displayed, or distributed in any form without photo credit to the Contestant. No compensation shall be due to Contestant.
• Contestant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Jacksonville Historical Society, its agents, officials, employees, and volunteers from and against any and all claims and liability, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, or patent infringement, arising out of Contestant’s participation or association with the Jacksonville Historical Society Photo Contest, or publication or distribution of the photo. Contestant agrees to pay all costs incident to any claim, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees.